About the Opportunity
Contentful is hiring a Senior Web Developer (Front End) to work directly with the Product Manager, Contentful.com and the Web Development Lead to deliver against our technical roadmap, helping us reach our vision of being the world’s best example of Contentful on Contentful’s Composable Content Platform.
What to expect?
In this role you will be a key contributor to shaping and delivering the vision for the Contentful.com experience. Working closely with the Web Experience team, you will build experiences that are at the cutting edge of what is possible with the Contentful composable content platform, inspiring stakeholders and customers alike.
- Become a core member of the cross-functional web experience team defining and building the future state of contentful.com
- Contribute to both immediate-impact development needs and projects, as well as a roadmap of systematic iteration and innovation across Contentful.com
- Collaborate with UX & Design and Content to define elegant technical solutions that improve the user experience and site performance for our end-users (both external and internal)
- Deliver clean and maintainable code, optimized for Accessibility standards and SEO/site performance
- Contribute to Sprint planning/refinement, demos and code reviews (we’re working to a hybrid Kanban approach)
- Opportunity to mentor junior team members
- Build close working relationships with Contentful’s internal Product teams to ensure early adoption for new products and features
What you need to be successful
This is an exciting time to join the team and we’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Web Developer (Front End) who is inspired and motivated to build the best-in-class Contentful experience - to be successful in this role you have:
- Curious mindset to look for opportunities to deliver innovative technical solutions
- Experience ideating, prototyping, advocating and socializing your solutions
- Demonstrable experience with headless/composable CMS and content modeling/structured content and love the chance to get your hands on the latest and greatest product and features (and be among the first to use our new tech)
- Built performant websites with a focus on speed and conversion
- Experience with Jamstack approach and using static site generators (e.g., Gatsby, Next.js, etc.) to get projects off the ground (we currently use Gatsby & Netlify for our website)
- Experience collaborating with UX/Design and Content teams to define & deliver elegant technical solutions
- Mentored or coached other developers, either in formal line-reporting, or informal dotted line reporting
- A keen interest and consideration in website accessibility and user experience and the impact your technical solutions have on these
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, related field or equivalent experience is desirable
- This role is open in the U.S. with favorability in the Denver, Colorado area or Central Time Zone
*Please include a link to your portfolio when applying
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $133,000 - $137,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s equity plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.