About the opportunity
Customers often select headless CMS products based on their ability to extend and build on top of the platform to meet a unique business need. As the market leader in headless CMS, customers of all sizes use Contentful’s extensibility features to shape the platform to fit their specific needs. Using tools like the App Framework, Contentful developers can do anything from modifying fields and workflows to creating integrations and apps that transform the Contentful experience.
As Senior Product Manager (Extensibility) at Contentful, your mission is to support every Contentful developer as they extend the platform and build experiences for their content teams. The Extensibility team owns all of the tools and libraries that support how developers customize Contentful, including the Contentful App Framework. You will have a key impact on how every customer interacts with Contentful, helping create a delightful and powerful developer experience. You will be the second product manager on the Ecosystem team, which supports Integrations, the Contentful Marketplace, and the developer experience alongside Extensibility. If you love technical problems and supporting developers and developer tools, this is the role for you.
What to expect?
Alongside engineering and design managers, you’ll support your product area during discovery, problem and solution validation, design, delivery, and iteration. Your product area is mature and spans wide, impacting how every Contentful developer interacts with the platform. You will be supporting an existing team of engineers and a designer in Berlin, and work alongside other product teams across Contentful to advocate for extensibility and customization.
What you need to be successful?
- You’re a senior-level Product Manager with at least 3 years of experience building Saas or developer products
- You have strong technical knowledge needed to work effectively with engineers responsible for concepts like APIs, libraries, and frameworks
- You enjoy complex technology problems and solving for the needs of developers and content creators alike
- You’re a great communicator and are comfortable in explaining technical concepts to customers, partners, and internal audiences.
- You are comfortable and effective at working across multiple time zones, collaborating with teams in the US and Europe.
- You have a passion for identifying, sizing, and prioritizing opportunities, working with engineering teams to deliver high-impact outcomes to achieve business goals.
- You have firsthand experience doing user research, both generative and evaluative.
- You can analyze both usage data and qualitative feedback to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- You’re able to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team.
- You have demonstrated stakeholder management skills, and are capable of trading off the needs and requests of multiple internal departments.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.