About the opportunity
Here’s your chance to develop an exciting career and play an active role at a growth stage startup! Contentful is looking for a Senior Events Manager to join our Global Content and Experiences Team, to plan, execute and measure a set of high-impact events. If you have a passion for developing event experiences and driving innovation, then you might be a good fit for this role.
This role will work cross-functionally between sales, customer success, product and marketing, to drive event execution from inception to completion leveraging in-house expertise and aligned vendors. You will identify key success factors to drive effectiveness of leveraging events to build connections with customers, partners, industry experts and employee audiences.
Reporting to the Director of Global Events, you will be part of a team responsible for selling recommendations to senior leadership on ways to bring innovation and alignment of our company core values and messages through event experiences. A successful events manager will define metrics and utilize meaningful data to improve effectiveness of events, build strong relationships with stakeholders, be flexible while staying calm, listen well and discern needs, bring creativity and quickly be able to problem-solve, stay organized, and communicate respectfully and effectively.
What to expect
- Planning: Support the design of in-person and digital first-party and third-party events focusing on outcomes that drive business impact and maximize return.
- Collaborate with and understand the business environment for each event to create an event plan that includes the overall experience design, content proposal, branding and communications.
- Manage the day-to-day planning and execution of client facing events, industry conferences, and trade shows, including pre- and post-event communications and attendee management
- Partner with the Product Marketing, Communication and Content teams to develop strategies leveraging existing content and access to industry communities to promote events and tradeshows
- Plan, coordinate and execute internal company events or additional ancillary events as they arise
- Communications: provide consistent and clear communication of events program to all stakeholders, including internal briefing documents for specified events and conferences.
- Take a proactive role in evaluating and reporting ROI for all events.
- Manage and execute events starting with the concept stage, through vendor contracting, planning, registration and on-site execution
- Event Systems Administrator: responsible for effective provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of event systems.
- Negotiate and execute contracts for both large and small scale events, while maintaining vendor relationships. This includes collaborating with promotional & print vendors to maintain the best relationship possible with vendors.
- Source new venues / locations for upcoming hybrid events.
What you need to be successful
- 8+ years of B2B Tech marketing with event planning working alongside a marketing organization from content and media teams, while also demonstrating operational and logistical expertise in a marketing/corporate events role, both for onsite, virtual and hybrid formats.
- Knowledge of Virtual Events Platforms, Registration Platforms, and software such as: Cvent, Salesforce, Hopin.
- Exceptional cross-organization/cross-functional project management and collaboration skills. The ideal candidate will be managing multiple work streams for each event such as content, venue, production, attendee experience and promotion.
- Storytelling skills to sell in ideas and learner mindset to constantly identify, share, and apply insights for continual improvement of experiences
- Ability to set and drive event criteria or requirements across multiple functional areas, with specific attention to our sales team
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) across a field and marketing organization, interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills are required
- Detail-oriented, team-oriented while knowing how to prioritize effectively
- Budget Management skills to forecast, manage, and summarize event spend with internal teams and vendors
- Adaptable under pressure with quick deadlines
- Must be an independent self-motivated and strong leader who can own the development of events with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to travel 10-15% of the time.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off, and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Get fit! Contentful provides annual reimbursement for employees to use in support of their physical wellness, so that we may all strive to be our healthiest selves.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.