About the opportunity
The position of the Regional Sales Director, Commercial is a critical role in our North America Sales team reporting to the Area Sales Director. You will be managing a sales team of experienced, outperforming Commercial Account Executives with the task to hire and develop the best talent in the market to strategically increase sales presence throughout the northeast region.
As an experienced mentor with a strong software sales background, you are responsible for supporting your team in complex procurements, go-to-market initiatives and as a senior stakeholder for the customers in your region. Since your role is quota carrying, you own the regional forecast, identify and mitigate risks, tackle opportunities, and constantly up-level your team through outstanding leadership and coaching.
What to expect?
- Recruit, hire, train, and coach new team members
- Contribute to regional strategy with metrics, observations, and market research
- Create processes, set best practices, and build replicable patterns for regional go to markets initiatives
- Serve as senior stakeholder and point of escalation internally and in customer engagements
- Support team members in customer meetings and pitches
- Be a mentor and provide hands-on coaching and professional development for AEs and wider team
- Conduct weekly forecasts and oversee sales development goals, metrics, and quota achievement
- Proactive collaboration with Marketing, Recruitment, Human Resources, Partnerships and Customer Success to align regional strategy
What you need to be successful?
- 3+ years of B2B SaaS sales leadership experience or strong internal demonstration of equivalent leadership capabilities
- 4+ years in a B2B SaaS sales role as an individual contributor
- Proven ability to drive an outbound, velocity sales motion focused on consistently building AE generated pipeline, new logo acquisition, and expansion of existing accounts
- Experience leading teams with a product led growth (PLG) sales motion
- Proven track record of forecast accuracy
- Experience leading sales teams that effectively sell complex solutions to technical buyers and demonstrate business impact to executive stakeholders
- Proven ability to create high performing teams and lead them to success
- History of promoting employees internally
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams in and around the sales org (BDR, Account Managers, CX, SE, Partnerships, etc.)
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
The salary range is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the United States if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on a specific location, internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees, and certifications (e.g., JD/technology).
Salary Range: $310,000 - $335,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards, where applicable, in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.