About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Director to help disrupt the legacy CMS industry, as we enter an ambitious new growth phase fuelled by our recent $175 million funding.
This leadership role is focused on Contentful’s core Platform. You will help drive measurable business impact at the P&L level, by working closely with core Product and BizOps teams, as well as our broader GTM teams. In addition, this role will oversee the company-wide product launch process from ideation to delivery, analyst relations in helping to move up the perception of Contentful, as well as Product-Led-Growth activities.
To accomplish this, you will manage an international team of PMMs, develop go-to-market strategies, launch products, influence analysts and thought leaders, create differentiated product messaging and positioning, and establish a thorough understanding of our customers and competition. You will be expected to communicate with confidence and authority, operate autonomously, and manage across departments and time zones.
What to expect?
- Help define and hit annual revenue goals with our orchestration and platform capabilities
- Build the engine to support product-led-growth engine in partnership
- Own the company-wide launch process to achieve key tentpole moments for customers and prospects
- Create differentiated message and positioning of our products
- Drive the analyst relations program and influence Contentful’s perception in key publications
- Become an expert in the needs and aspirations of our business users and target personas: content creators, campaign managers, translators, merchandisers, marketing managers, web editors
- Lead initiatives across a cross-functional team including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Experience departments
- Define go-to-market strategies and product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and lead high-impact feature releases that drive adoption and revenue
- Research market trends and conduct user interviews to understand key customer segments — to inform what we build, and how we position and sell it
- Deliver and evangelize our value proposition and collaborate on product demonstrations at internal and external conferences and customer briefings
- Generate customer case studies and other collateral to support marketing and sales initiatives, and guide communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Marketer Director+ and you need to be able to demonstrate a well-established Product Marketing playbook
- Experience finding new areas of product-market fit, then bringing brand new products to market — you have an entrepreneurial spirit (and ideally a track record to prove it)
- Experience building, marketing, or selling B2B software that drives team collaboration and powers digital customer experiences — used by content creators across marketing, commerce, customer support, and beyond
- Proven track record of building a product-led-growth strategy with digital/growth teams and product teams.
- Examples of improvement in key industry publications in prior roles
- Experience working for a company that is a few years ahead of Contentful’s rapid growth curve, to help guide us to where we are going (i.e. publicly traded for a few years, or a bigger private company)
- A successful and referenceable track record of helping drive product adoption and revenue for a SaaS software product
- A desire to grow and elevate an international team of PMM’s
- Must be willing to work US EST schedule
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.