About the opportunity
As a Contentful Partner Sales Manager (PSM) for Australia New Zealand (ANZ) you will play an important role in facilitating alignment between sales and partners (technology partners, agencies, and systems integrators) to drive joint opportunities. You will be responsible for executing upon a strategy with partners to develop and win opportunities. This position requires an entrepreneurial and collaborative mind that is able to spearhead solutions, be proactive, and work cross-departmentally. Serving as a key part of our sales function, our partnerships team plays a critical role in driving partner sourced opportunities, customer value, and extending the reach of the company.
The role of the partner sales manager is to be the representative of the partners organization and our partners within the ANZ sales territory. The PSM role creates direct alignment between our sales team and the partner, to better serve our customers, prospects and drive value with our partner ecosystem.
- The PSM with work with partners to develop and execute on plans that drive and close partner sourced opportunities for Contentful in ANZ
- The PSM serves as the conduit to position partner offerings internally to AEs and CSMs and other account team members to drive and maintain awareness internally
- The PSM will work with Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to understand needs from the field and identify and create opportunities with existing customers and prospects that would benefit from partner involvement to drive expansion or net new business
What to expect?
- Work with partners to develop and execute plans that drive partner sourced opportunities for Contentful in ANZ
- Actively work with account executives, customer success managers and customers to understand how we can create joint value for the customers by introducing partners
- Work with customers to understand their challenges and introduce partners to eliminate those challenges and create value
- Facilitate partner requests from customers, collect the project and service requirements from customers, and recommend the appropriate partners
- Work with the sales team to account map their account list against our ecosystem of partners
- Develop relationships across the Strategic Technology, Agency and SI ecosystem, introducing senior internal team members when appropriate
- Partner internally with the Sales, Enablement, and Marketing team to grow revenue through partners
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years enterprise partner management experience working for a digital agency or technology platform provider
- Experience in CMS and/or Commerce
- Demonstrated continued success within rapidly emerging technology companies
- Polished and impactful presenter and facilitator
- Combination of technical and sales/customer success acumen
- Strong sales orientation with ability to interpret/distill requests from the field into impactful deliverables
- Experience partnering with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to marketing, product, engineering and sales
- Strong understanding and articulation of the intersection of business solutions and implementation
- Strategic thinker with ability to understand complex issues, develop/apply/simplify frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision making, and action (with leadership and cross-functional teams)
- Experience in account mapping and planning with both the sales organization as well as partners
- Consultatory outbound sales and/or partner selling experience with a SaaS product
- History of working with a large partner ecosystem comprised of both technology and solution partners
- Strong internal and external collaboration and negotiation skills
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.