About the opportunity
As a Developer Advocate (f/m/d) at Contentful, your main responsibility is to grow, build and support our developer community. You will create example projects, learn and teach modern web technologies while inspiring, empowering and connecting with developers around the world.
What to expect?
- Building a sense of community and belonging by supporting and getting to know developers using Contentful wherever they are
- Freedom and flexibility to choose technical topics and projects to work on. You know best how to serve a developer community.
- Creating content on various channels (the Contentful Blog, GitHub, YouTube, Twitch, etc.) that teaches technical concepts to equip developers with knowledge of tools and techniques that makes them better at their craft.
- Working together with a team of Evangelists spanning Europe and North America
What you need to be successful?
- You have the experience, patience and empathy to teach developers about best-practices and new technologies, whether in-person, by writing tutorials or by recording a video.
- You are an active member of a developer community.
- You are passionate about technology and can't get enough of trying out new things to share them with others.
- You have experience giving technical talks within an organization, at meetups, or at events.
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills and have experience with writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience.
- You are self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision, and are capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- You embrace asynchronous online collaboration and ensure both your peers and your audience are successful.
- Once the Covid-19 situation resolves: you're happy to travel regularly, are able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support user groups, conferences, and other developer events.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.