Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Contentful Inc (“Contentful”, “we”, "us” and/or “our”).
Information We Collect:
When you interact with us through the Services, we or third parties acting on our behalf may collect from you the information described below, including certain information that can be used to identify you on its own or in combination with other information (“Personal Data”). We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information to us, such as when you register for an account with the Services, contact us with business inquiries, submit support requests through a Site form or live chat window, respond to one of our surveys or use certain features of the Services.
- Account Information: When you register for an account with Contentful to use the Contentful API or other features of the Services, we ask you to provide your first and last name, your email address, the name of your company and a password. You may also log in to the Services through your accounts with certain third-party services, as described further in the section titled “Third-Party Applications and Services” below. If you decide to use features of the Services that Contentful makes available under paid plans, we also ask you to provide your payment information and billing address, which will be used and processed by our payment processor (see section titled “Our Disclosure of Personal Data and Other Information” below).
- Content: A registered user may upload a variety of content to the Services, including text, images, videos and music files, to manage, preview and publish content for web and mobile applications through the Contentful API. For example, a registered user who is a designer or developer for a retailer may use the Services to upload, manage and view product descriptions and images, in addition to publishing such content on the retailer’s website and mobile app through the Contentful API.
- You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent that you include Personal Data in the content you transmit, upload, post, submit, publish, display or otherwise share or cause to be transmitted, uploaded, posted, submitted, published, displayed or otherwise shared through the Services, such Personal Data may be available to others when you upload that content to or share that content through the Services, and we are not responsible for any of your content or how others may use or further share your Personal Data or content. Please use caution and common sense when using the Services and uploading or sharing content.
- You may remove content that you have previously uploaded to the Services through your account. If you are unable to remove your content, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may remove the applicable content at your request. You understand that content that you have uploaded to the Services may continue to be viewable by others through the Services if other users have posted or reposted it, that others may continue to have copies of or access to any content previously uploaded to or shared through the Services and that your content may remain on our servers or in our records after it has been removed from your account.
- Information Provided through Site Forms: If you would like additional information about the Services, need help with using the Services or would otherwise like to contact us, we will ask you to complete one of the forms available at www.contentful.com/contact and provide certain information to us so that we may respond to your inquiry or request.
- Other Information:
- IP Addresses: Device Information: When you visit or use the Services, we or our service providers may collect your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) and use it for various purposes, including to analyze and report upon visits to and usage of the Service; to approximate your physical location so that we may localize the Services based on your geographic region; to diagnose and prevent service or technology problems affecting the Services; and to monitor and prevent fraud and abuse. If you access the Services on a mobile device, we or our service providers may also collect the device type and identification number and request access to settings and location information for similar purposes. By visiting or using the Services, you are consenting to the collection of your IP address and/or device information, as applicable.
- We also use Google Analytics, Snowplow, Inspectlet, Segment.io and similar tools provided by third parties to help us analyze how users and visitors use the Services. These analytics services collect standard Internet log information and user and visitor behavior information, including information about your browsing activities over time and across websites or other online services following your use of the Service.
- Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, Contentful may conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests, behavior and use of the Services based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Contentful may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Contentful may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Our Use of Personal Data and Other Information:
Contentful and our subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Related Companies”) may also use your Personal Data and other information collected from you through the Services to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our users and to contact you in the future to tell you about features of the Services or other services we believe will be of interest to you. If we use your Personal Data to send you marketing communications via email, each marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future marketing communications from us. If at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.
Based on your visits to and use of the Services, we may also work with third-party sites and advertising services to display personalized and interest-based ads about Contentful and the Services to you when you visit other sites and services.
Our Disclosure of Personal Data and Other Information:
We may share your Personal Data and other information collected from you with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Third-Party Applications and Services: Contentful allows you to log in to the Services through your accounts with various third-party services, such as Github, Google and Twitter. If you decide to log in to the Services through or otherwise use one or more third-party applications or services that interoperate with the Services in connection with your use of the Services, we will provide those applications or services with access to data (which may include Personal Data) on Contentful’s systems generated through your use of the Services. Please remember that the manner in which the providers of third-party applications and services use, store and disclose your information is governed by their policies, and that Contentful will have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of providers of third-party applications and services that may be enabled within the Services. In connection with your use of any such third-party applications or services, please review carefully the applicable privacy policies of each such third-party application or service provider to become familiar with its policies and practices as it concerns your data and information.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, financing due diligence, receivership, dissolution or similar event, your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to a successor or affiliate either independently or as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Related Companies: We may also share information, including your Personal Data, with our Related Companies.
- Agents, Service Providers and Related Third Parties: We engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf, such as hosting portions of the Services, maintaining databases, processing payments and facilitating user support. We share information with agents, service providers and related third parties as necessary for them to provide these services on our behalf.
- Your Employer: If you are using the Services in connection with your role as an employee or contractor of a company or other legal entity, we may share your information with such entity.
- Legal Requirements: Contentful may disclose your Personal Data and other information about you if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Contentful, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
You can visit the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you will not be able to use certain features of the Services.
If you want to opt out of receiving ads based on your interests and web usage patterns, - please visit www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Contentful does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Contentful through the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites and Services:
Contentful takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
Other Terms and Conditions:
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service at www.contentful.com/legal/us/tos/.
Access to Information; Contacting Contentful:
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted to us via the Services.
You may contact us as follows:
101 Montgomery Street, Suite 2050
San Francisco, CA 94104