Contentful provides a curated list of examples that can be installed into spaces. All examples are open source so they can be customized to specific needs. Some of the highlights are:
- Browsing products from Shopify's Storefront API
- Tagging structured content with Audience IDs from Optimizely
- Browse media stored in Bynder's digital asset management platform
- Triggering a static site build on Netlify
More examples can be discovered in:
- our GitHub repository for a complete list of open source extensions
- the Marketplace or
- a curated list in the Contentful Web App (navigate to Settings > Extensions).
Installing an example into your space
The quickest way to install an example into a space is by using the web app's Install from GitHub flow.
To install from a source on GitHub, follow these steps:
Select Install from GitHub from the Add extension drop down.
Enter a public GitHub link to an
extension.jsondescriptor file or select one from the contentful/extensions repository.
- Click Install to complete the installation.
Assigning UI Extensions to a Field
After a successful installation, UI Extensions can be assigned to a field of a content type.
To assign UI Extensions to a field:
Navigate to a Content Type.
Select a field in the Content Type.
Navigate to Settings> Appearance of the field.
Select the desired UI Extension.
Navigate to an entry of the Content Type to see the selected UI Extension in action.
The image below shows the Appearance tab under Setting of a field:
To use the extension across several fields or content types, repeat the above steps again for each field.
Not what you’re looking for? Try our FAQ.