What is Two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a way of authenticating a user through the use of two different factors. These factors are typically something a user knows (e.g. a password) and something they have (e.g. a mobile phone) or something they are (e.g. biometric information). 2FA adds another layer of protection to an account as it means you need both of these factors to access the account.
Once 2FA is enabled for a Contentful user they will be prompted for both their password and then a code from an authenticator app.
Is 2FA available for all customers?
Yes. 2FA is available free of charge for all customers.
How do I enable 2FA?
- On your user profile page click “Enable 2FA”
- Scan the QR code using your authenticator app. Alternatively, use the manual code provided
- Enter the code your authenticator app has provided and click “Enable”
How do I disable 2FA?
- On your user profile page click “Disable”
- Click “Disable” on the confirmation prompt
What authenticator app can I use?
2FA can be used with any authenticator app such as Google Authenticator, Authy, or Duo Mobile.
Can I use SMS as a second factor?
No. Contentful does not support SMS as a second factor.
What happens if I lose my phone?
Please contact support using the email address for the account that you want to recover.