Image Focal Point
The Image Focal Point app allows you to associate images with focal point data for better cropping amongst different devices and screen sizes.
Under the hood
Internally the app will:
- Create a new content type with three fields: a title, an image and a focal point field.
- Configure the appearance and functionality of the entry editor for this content type.
Step 1: Install
Fill in the
Content type name field (or use the default value
Image with Focal Point) and click on
This will create a new content type for you with three fields:
- A title field of type
- An image field of type
- A focal point field of type
Step 2: Create a new image with focal point entry and set the focal point data
To create your first image with focal point data:
- Navigate to the
- Create a new entry of type
Image with Focal Point(or the name you chose during the installation).
- Fill in the title, image and focal point data.
- Click on
Publishin the sidebar to publish the new image with focal point entry.
Step 3: Configure your content type that needs a reference to the image with focal point
To make use of the newly created image with focal point entry:
- Go to the
- Edit the content type that needs to reference the image with focal point.
- Create a new field of type
Referenceand open its configuration.
- Set a validation option to accept entries of type
Image with Focal Point.
- Optionally, set the widget of the new reference field to
Entry Cardto have a preview of the image with focal point it links to.
- Go back to the
- Create/edit an entry of the content type referencing the image with focal point.
- Set the reference field you added to point to the image with focal point entry.
How can I use the focal point data that I set to crop the image?
To crop the image based on the coordinates you defined, you can use one of the following approaches: