Secure password for signing up with Contentful
This section explains the requirements and necessity of creating a secure password.
In order to sign up with Contentful, it is required to create a secure password that is a minimum of eight characters and has not been compromised before.
Some examples of secure passwords are:
- A simple password hellocontentful can be made more secure and complex as He!!0C0ntentful.
- Similarly administrator can be made as @dmini$trat0r.
- A random yet easy to remember line like Save the number for later in the year can be used as St#4LINY.
Importance of secure passwords
The current modern digital age comprises devices in many different forms, such as desktop machines, laptops, smartphones, smart watches, and tablets. These devices are usually connected with other computing devices and share information, and in many cases, they may also connect with banks to conduct financial transactions. All of these devices are potentially vulnerable to misuse by unauthorized users, and therefore, users should always protect them with strong and secure passwords.
Following are some recommendations to create a secure password:
- Create long and complex passwords. Avoid using important dates (such as birthday, anniversary) and common names (or names that can be associated with you) as passwords.
- Use a combination of upper and lower case alphabets, numerics, and special characters.
- Keep changing the password frequently.
- Avoid using a password that you are already using for any other services. Try and have different passwords for every respective service. Alternatively, you can also use password manager or other similar services.
- Create an additional layer of security by using services like two-factor authentication or passcodes (especially on your mobile phones).
- Do not write the passwords down as it makes it easier to be stolen and used by someone else.
Learn more about insecure passwords that have previously been exposed in data breaches. This exposure makes them unsuitable for ongoing use as they're at much greater risk of being used to take over other accounts.